Protect your business and keep your information safe so cybercriminals can’t use it to commit tax fraud. Stay smart online by following these steps:
- use different passwords across all your online accounts
- add multi-factor authentication when available, such as using SMS code as your sign-in option for myGov
- run regular anti-virus, malware scans and software updates
- use spam filters to help limit unsolicited messages which may contain malware
- never leave your computer unattended or unlocked as information can be stolen
- regularly review staff accesses and immediately cancel access to
credentials, like your AUSkey, bank accounts or client databases
for anyone who no longer needs it
Remember: we will never send you an email or SMS with a hyperlink directing you to a log on page for our online services.
Get in contact with us for more business advice, including our suggestions for how you can further protect your business online.